A few years back I was working on completing my list of thing to have, be and do and I found it a slow process. It took me three weeks, on and off, to complete the task. Since the process was so time consuming, I figured that most people would give up part way through. I thought it would be a great idea if there was a collection of ideas that others could use to get through the goals process at record speed, and so I wrote this book.
Another influence I had was Dr. Phil. I happened to be cruising the dial one day and came across one of his shows about an early 20-something man who was living in his parents basement, playing video games all night and sleeping until noon. This young man was no different than thousands of others who, because they didn’t know what to do, decided to basically do nothing.
This book was written to be a quick and easy way to create a compelling set of goals that will inspire and motivate a person, possibly, like never before.
Some of the things I’ve done in the last several years:
- Visited almost all the museums in and around Ottawa, Ontario
- Went horseback riding in the Rockies
- Lived on the Gulf Island of Gabriola for two years
- Learned to ride a motorcycle
- Walked on fire
- Learned to scuba dive
- Completed a 5k race
- Completed a 10k race
- Rafted down the Colorado River then flew over the Grand Canyon
- Climbed Mount Benson in Nanaimo, BC
- Learned to build wooden boats
- Walked 56 kilometres in Lake Cowichan’s Great Walk
- Made a dietary change and lost 15 pounds
- Completed a 21-day fast and lost 25 pounds
Just make your goal then go for it!